Blogger Widgets

Friday, July 20, 2012

My Cappadocia Trip Day 2 !

Hello again! 

Sorry, I’m late L I was gonna blog about my 2nd day at the end of the tour but I was exhausted and went to bed right away L Our 2nd day was really good, Here's the outfit of the day ^^

Top: Dazzlin
Pants: Oxxo
Shoes: Converse
Bag: Desa
Glasses: Mango
Hat: from China
I also curled my hair but the weather and the dust made my hair heavier so didn't last long T_T

Our first stop was the  Kaymakli Underground city., we stayed there for an hour.


Here’s some info about Underground cities; 

“ The underground cities, which are guessed to be used since the Bronze Age, used to be a settlement mostly in Byzantine period, doubtless. In this period, increasing invasions forced local residents to build underground cities for protection and religious purposes. Until now  even that have been determined about 40 underground cities just six of these have been opened for visit. Nobody can know how many underground cities there are in the Cappadocia area. ” 


We went 60 meters down in there and it was very cold… it’s unimaginable, I mean how is it possible to dig deep down and actually create a building in underground… in Bronze age!Outside  was 42 °C but I felt like I was cathing a cold in there, suddenly I was sneezing and had runny nose but when we went out I turned normal again xD



There are kitchens, cemeteries, churches, barns, meeting rooms and so many small rooms. There is also a big Stone door, it’s like a Stone wheel and can slide in the slot there but stil looks impossible to close the door inside. 

In the afternoon we went to Ihlara valley, saw the churches, went for a walk, took many pictures and had lunch there. Here’s the info about it;


“Ihlara Valley, which is a 16 km (10 mi) long gorge cut into volcanic rock in the southern part of Cappadocia, following several eruptions of Mount Erciyes. The Melendiz Stream flows through the valley.

What makes the valley unique is the ancient history of its inhabitants. The whole canyon is honeycombed with rock-cut underground dwellings and churches from the Byzantine period.

Due the valley's plentiful supply of water and hidden places, here was the first settlement of the first Christians escaping from Roman soldiers. In the Ihlara Valley there are hundreds of old churches in the volcanic rock caves” wikipedia.com



We walked along the river but only for 4km, I loved the place so much, so relaxing with all the green trees, pure water and wind flowing. Living in a big city really made me miss seeing the natural beauty. I needed this trip :) 


Our lunch spot


Next stop was Derinkuyu underground city, yet another huge one, here’s what its door looks like;


We stopped at a crater lake "Lake Nar" for 10 mins.



Our last stop was Selime Monastery in Guzelyurt. Very hard to climb on but the more you climb the more you wanna go higher. It was pretty crowded in there so we didn’t go to top of the monastery.

 


When we go back, there was a phone call from my Chinese teachers, they’re also travelling around Turkey and decided to meet us in Cappadocia, later that day we came to Istanbul together. We ate dinner and talked about their vacation, so far they’re happy :D in our 3rd day we went to a Balloon flight and another tour together which I’ll blog about next. Thanks for reading ^^

2 comments:

  1. hello Anna, you have an awesome blog and i think you are very stylish:) i am your new follower, can you check my blog? http://mkapatasha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...